Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Happy Thanksgiving!

I have so much to be thankful for and so does my family...

I would have to say Suzy is thankful for belly rubs and car rides.  And an occasional squirrel to chase, dog to bark at, or a spot of sunshine to take a nap in.  She truly enjoys the simple things in life.



I am thankful that Jack isn't letting himself get stale in his job.  He had a second interview yesterday and will hear next week if he got a new job.  It's a management position which he has wanted for a while.  It's something new and different and I think he's perfect match.  He knows it won't be easy but he's ready for the challenge.  

I am thankful that Jake has a voice.  He spoke to his counselor and is rearranging his schedule and into a different Algebra II class for the Spring Semester.  He has had a hard semester and I think his current teacher not only made it worse.  BUT we can see a light at the end of the tunnel!  

I am thankful that Annie is expanding her circle of friends.  She asked a new friend over after school yesterday and she is lovely.  Annie couldn't say enough nice things about her. The plan is for Annie to go over to her house on Friday and spend the night.  

This week, I am thankful for my co-workers.  We took a trip to Table Rock Lake/Branson last weekend and it turned into a great team building experience!  Good food, lots of laughter, movies, games, throw in music and dancing and you have yourself a winner.  The only thing we could have done without is the dark, narrow, windy roads and carsickness. Here are a few pictures from our adventure...


Camp Hideaway
(we plan to go back next Summer!)

2 decks and a screened in porch.
Too bad it was cold - the high was 27 degrees.

We braved the cold and went for a walk.
(I wore my pj's under my pants for warmth.)

What a great team!
from left to right - starting in the front and going around...
Kim, Patti, Sydney, Taylor, Katie, Amy and me.
   
My cup runneth over. 

I'm full.  (And a video to make you think.  And laugh.)

Happy Thanksgiving!

xo

No comments:

Post a Comment