Saturday, August 22, 2015

If you see a stone, pick it up!

Recently, Frank Gifford died.  I knew who he was but not much more.  While I am not a huge Kathie Lee fan I had heard someone in line at the grocery store talking about what an amazing tribute Kathie Lee gave when she returned to the Today show this week.  Intrigued, I went home and did an internet search.  Here it is: kathie-lees-touching-tribute-to-husband-frank-gifford  It's long but, in my opinion, well worth your time.  What a beautiful testimony to faith and love.  

The thing that stuck with me starts at 4:19 on the video, talks about their trip to the Holy Land and going to the Valley of Elah.  And bringing home stones.  

"What is your stone?"  

"Where ya gonna throw your stone for the kingdom of God?"  

"Throw it hard and well and transform this hurting world."

Whoa!  Powerful stuff.  

---

It's no secret this school year started some what abruptly for me.  I found out on a Friday that I had training the following week.  The same week as Vacation Bible School at church.  ?!  Which meant I would miss the morning session of training.  It made me feel disjointed and honestly that feeling hasn't changed. I have also discovered that I have much more patience working with special needs kids than I do with typical children.  I make no apologies for it, it's just simply the way it is and that's ok.   

---

Today, I spent the day with an incredible group of women.  Bringing Therapy Home had a team meeting and I absolutely love each and every one of these ladies.  There are some big changes in store for our group.  Big, amazing, wonderful changes that I'm very excited about.  I will share the specifics with you when the time is right.  And I'm sorry to say it's not now.  

---

So, back to the tribute.  I watched it the first time on Wednesday.  And again Friday and today.  I have been doing a LOT of thinking about my stones.  I have been asking myself questions without coming up with any answers.  I haven't seen Katie very much in the last few months and when she asked me why I said I felt like I was stuck in a rock.  Those were my exact words.  Tonight, it all came together when she sent me a text and asked if I was rockless.  ?! ROCKLESS!  Maybe I haven't been stuck in a rock!  Maybe I lost my stones.  I lost my patience.  I miss working with the kids that need me most.  It was a profound moment and the tears flowed freely.  

So, in what might seem like an abrupt move, I resigned my position, effective September 3rd.  I feel like a weight has been taken off my shoulders.  

It might seem like an abrupt move... but trust me when I say it is not.  And it's for the best. What will I do?  At this point, I don't know specifics but God does. And I am so grateful to have Jack's love, support, and understanding.  He's 100% behind me.  

xo

    
"If you see a stone today pick it up and ask yourself:  What is my stone?  What is the gift that only I can do in this world to make it a better place?  Spend the rest of your life trying to do it well."  -Frank Gifford

No comments:

Post a Comment