Monday, August 31, 2015

An abrupt ending

I gave my notice August 22nd.  

I said I would work through Sept 3.  

The schedule came out on Friday night and I wasn't listed on it.  It was emailed to me.  I was on the list.  I thought it was weird... it must be an oversight.  I replied to the email.   

Saturday - No response.

I called the girls I work with.  I didn't want them to think I was not following through.  Still my intention was to work.

Sunday, still no response.

Yesterday, I got a phone call from my Dad.  I said I would come over today, if I wasn't working.  

Today, still no word from the school.  At this point I began to feel kind of sad.  I didn't get the opportunity to say goodbye to my students.

I went to Topeka.  I am grateful to be able to go over and help.  I posted on Facebook "sometimes being an hour and 15 minutes from my parents is an hour and 10 minutes too far away.  #DadvsComputer"  In all honesty, I am glad they are close enough to be able to drive over at a moments notice. 

I made it very clear that I wanted to work but evidently they don't need me.  And I'm left feeling incomplete. 

I made myself a list of to-do's to start tomorrow.  I'll keep myself busy.  

I have been creating a list of projects I want to tackle around the house.  I'm actually excited to get started.

I'm excited to spend more time with my Bringing Therapy Home family.  I know my feelings of sadness are temporary.

Tomorrow starts with taking Pilot on a long walk.  And tomorrow night is his last training class.  Both good things!

It may have been an abrupt ending but I am really looking forward to a new chapter.  

xo














No comments:

Post a Comment