Monday, January 20, 2014

I even Googled "who is the Patron Saint of Lost Things"

Last Wednesday morning I realized I didn't have my wedding ring on my way to school.  I didn't think too much of it.  One of the girls noticed it and ask where it was.  Another teacher said she had admired it the day before during a meeting.  I started racking my brain immediately, trying to retrace my movements and steps.  When I got home I checked the usual spot - nope.  I checked the kitchen, I had made meat loaf the night before - nope.  I don't wear my ring to bed, so I checked several other spots that I've been known to put it - nope, nope, nope.  I knew it would turn up, so I kept my eyes open and told the family.

Thursday - Jack told the kids if they found it they would get a finders fee.  Money is always a nice incentive.

Friday - I started getting a little nervous.

Saturday - I started to fret.

Sunday - Jack asked for prayers in Sunday school.  I shared that I had said a prayer to Saint Anthony - the Patron Saint of Lost Things.  I was getting desperate.

Last night I didn't get much sleep.  I was anxious, worried, nervous, fearful... a mix emotion.

Today, I got up and decided this was the day I'd find it.  It was laundry day.  Jack had been through most of the laundry at some point, searching pockets.  I wasn't too far into the sorting process and... THERE IT WAS!  I gave a happy scream.  Then a HUGE sigh of relief.  I put it on immediately and I don't know if I'll be taking it off any time soon.  I think maybe I'll just have to get use to wearing it at night.  :-)

The kids have enjoyed their long weekend.  Jake is dreading going back.  Annie is already stressed out.

Annie did go to a concert last night with friends.  They say Panic at the Disco at the Uptown Theater.  She was a little nervous about PCD - Post Concert Depression - but I don't think that will be the case.  There were some real jerks that made for some disappointing moments.  One of her friends had never been to a concert before, so I think... I hope... they made it a good experience for her.  I guess I should say, when I asked Annie last night she said, "it was great!"  So, now I know there had to be some good moments.  And hopefully in her memories, those will out weigh the bad.

It sounds Nebraska Furniture Mart is NOT the place to go to for carpet.  We had already been told by a friend that he had two bad experiences.  Then, we found out installation was more than double than Lowes.  Of course, we will let them do their sales pitch on us but they will have to pull a LOT of rabbits out of their hat to get convince us to give them our business.  We are still waiting for the samples to arrive from Lowes.  

No other news to report from here.  The cold returns, as do our warm coats.  Be safe and stay warm, friends.

xo  

No comments:

Post a Comment