Monday, March 30, 2015

Spring Break Cruise 2015 - Part 2

Where were we?  Oh yea, String Ray City.  This was not what I had expected.  I don't know what I expected but it was not it.  It was cool, don't get me wrong but... it's a sand bar in the middle of a bay with hundreds of sting rays.  Wild sting rays, swimming around... free. While I knew in my head there was really nothing to be afraid of... I was COMPLETELY FREAKED OUT!   

I'll let the pictures tell the story...

Annie and Jack's first touch...
  

Annie holding me seemed to help.

Jack is holding a sting ray.
I am holding on to Jack's back for dear life.

my turn to touch it...
and on the right side you'll see a GINORMOUS
sting ray swimming up.

just look how big it is! (on the right)
I'm terrified!

Somehow Jack convinced me to kiss it with him.

Look at Annie's face, even she's a little freaked out.
I'm holding on to Jack for dear life again.

The kids turn to get up close and personal.

 
Annie coaching Jake threw it... pucker up!

Ha ha!

And Jake got a backrub!

Me, at a safe distance, in the boat.

Sting Ray City

On to more snorkeling...
Annie (on the right) preparing to jump in

Jack and Jake got to feed the fish...



Annie enjoying the scenery.



Captain Marvin's Snorkel tour
Four thumbs up!


Jake has no fear and loved to dive down.

One of our guides swam down and

got a MORAY EEL to eat
it swam out about three feet before backing back into it's hiding spot.

I wasn't sure exactly what he was doing...

Jake heard me scream underwater.


Fun but exhausting.

Friday was our last port - Cozemel, Mexico.

Annie, Jack and I left Jake on the ship and did a bit of shopping.  Back to the boat to get ready for an afternoon of snorkeling.  We took a taxi to the Money Bar.   

we had a bite to eat and met our group.

Get ready...

attractive
ha ha!


Our first spot had lots of star fish.



the second spot was much deeper

Jake enjoyed diving down deep.

It was cool!

If I were to pick my favorite snorkeling, it would have to be Grand Cayman.  They water was clearer and not as rough.  And Captain Marvin's is top notch!  

Then back to the ship...

For formal night #2

 

 



It was a two dessert kind of night.

I just realized I forgot to post a couple pictures of formal night #1.

 

 

Annie pointed out her dessert said banana's yet only came with one.
So sweet Melissa corrected the situation.
It made us all smile.



Jake's review of the food...
bread thumb up!

Homeward bound.

It was a fun trip.  I think we all needed.  Time to rest, relax and reconnect.  The ride home was pretty quiet.  The kids were in the back seat with technology and headphones and catching up on all they missed.

Jack and I did make plans for our next cruise.  We will be celebrating our 20th Anniversary in January, 2017.  Unfortunately, the cruise schedule doesn't go out that far but we have decided to celebrate in October, 2016 and sail on the Harmony of the Seas from Barcelona, Spain. We are very excited!  2016 will be a big travel year for Jack and I.  We will be going with the kids and Jack's folks to Hawaii in June, after Jake graduates.

xo

No comments:

Post a Comment