Saturday, June 28, 2014

18 Years

Today, I decided it was time to make some changes.  I moved the kitchen table.  It runs the opposite direction and almost touches the island.  Jack moved the table light - a foot or so back and over a bit.  It opens up the space more than I'd imagined.  The kids really like it.

I was telling Annie I was starting a new project.  She said with a smile, "I hope you never move out of this house."  I am certain Jake feels the same way.  

I cleaned the bathroom on the main floor.  I took everything off the walls and washed them down.  Goodbye burgandy walls.  Goodbye white accessories and mirror.  (Ok, the toilet, sink, trim and door will be white, of course, but everything else will be changing.)  The top half of these walls haven't been painted since we moved in.  I will prime it all but started with the bottom half.  It was so dark I think it will take several coats.  

What color will it be?

Tonight, I realized today was June 28th.  On June 28, 1996 Jack and I moved into this house.  This big house with many empty rooms - including the living and dining rooms.

Wow, it seems crazy!

It seems crazy because growing up I never lived anywhere longer than 7 years.  When Jack and I moved here we both agreed that if we had kids we wouldn't before they graduated. It's crazy to think Jake will graduate in 2 years.  It's even crazier to think Annie will be right behind him.  

I guess it's a good with change.  ;-)

xo

No comments:

Post a Comment